Q: What does the drop symbol on the 300series LCD indicate?
A: On units manufactured during or after April 2008, the drop symbol indicates:
This is similar to the function of the LED on the 100series products as described here.
- Symbol OFF continuously (blinking ON every 16 seconds) indicates the unit is powered and empty of liquid
- Symbol ON continuously (blinking OFF every 16 seconds) indicates the unit is powered and full of liquid which is not flowing
- Symbol flashing indicates a flow; the flash rate increases with increasing flow rate
For units manufactured before April 2008, the function is:
- Symbol OFF continuously indicates the unit is empty of water
- Symbol ON continuously indicates the unit is full of water which is not flowing
- LED flashing indicates a flow; the flash speed is constant regardless of the flow rate
Click here to return to the list of questions.